General Review Writing Guidelineswriting etiquette
Make your review a quick read by keeping it short and sweet (75-300 words). The maximum length is 1,000 words. Please focus your comments on the reasons why you like or dislike the item. If you have questions regarding a specific product, please contact us or click “Help” in the upper left corner of this page.
We reserve the right not to post a product review, or to remove an earlier-posted product review, for any reason, including if the product review contains any of the following:
• Comments on competitive products, offers or websites or other product reviews or other features visible on the page.
• Profanity, obscenities, spiteful remarks or other language not suitable for this forum.
• Political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam.”
• Time-sensitive material (e.g., promotional tours, seminars, lectures, etc.).
• Single-word reviews.
• Phone numbers, e-mail addresses, physical addresses, URLs or other forms of contact information.
• Availability, price or alternative ordering/shipping information.
• Solicitations for helpful votes.
• More than 1 review per item.
• Crucial plot elements (“spoilers”) if the product review concerns a book or DVD.
You may not submit copyrighted images or other content unless you own the copyright in such content, or have the express authorization of the copyright owner to do so.
Any Target team member or employee of a Target vendor, agency or contractor who writes a product review must disclose that they are affiliated with or compensated by Target. Your reviews are your opinions. Do not state or imply that Target endorses your reviews or that you are speaking on behalf of Target.
All submitted product reviews are also subject to the terms set forth in our Terms and Conditions, including Target’s right (but not an obligation) to monitor, alter, remove or refuse to post or allow to be posted any User Content. Product reviews constitute “User Content” under our Terms and Conditions.
Target reserves the right to make changes to these General Review Writing Guidelines (“Guidelines”) at any time and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted here. Each time you write a review, you should review the current Guidelines. You can determine when these Guidelines were last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of these Guidelines but any material change to these Guidelines will not be applied retroactively to any reviews posted prior to the “LAST UPDATED” date in which we included such material change.
Any review that we believe to be in violation of these guidelines may be removed at our sole discretion and without notice.
Please note that, if you use your name in connection with your product review, this personal information will become public information, and will be available to site visitors and to the general public; moreover, such personal information, once so disclosed to the general public, may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, where it will reach an even broader audience. We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of any personal information that you voluntarily disclose in connection with your product reviews.